Dr Oz gave another brilliant Home Remedy for Dry Cracked Feet. My husband has very bad eczema, and so he sees a dermatologist quite frequently. During one dermatologist visit, the doctor said that whenever you apply a cream or lotion to your hands or feet and you want to “turbo charge” the treatment, you should apply the lotion and then cover the skin with plastic wrap. So I found it fascinating that Dr Oz gave basically the same advice.
- Lotion (Oil Based Moisturizer)
- Plastic Wrap
- Epsom Salts
Dr Oz: Cracked Heel Home Remedy Directions:
1. Soak your feet for 15 minutes in Epsom Salts, which are full of magnesium that will help to draw out the dryness of our feet and heels.
2. Apply an oil based moisturizer to your foot. Do not be stingy! You want a good thick layer of lotion.
3. Wrap your foot entirely in plastic wrap.
4. Place a pair of socks on top of the plastic wrap.
5. Go to sleep and remove in the morning.
6. Repeat this for 3 nights and you should see a great benefit!
I am totally ready for the winter now! Though to be honest, I get cracked heels in the summer more than in the winter. My dermatologist told me that this is often caused by wearing flip-flops or other open shoes. But what can I do… giving up my flip-flops at the beach during the summer is clearly not an option! Perhaps if I start doing this Dry Feet Remedy, I can continue wearing my flip flops and still have beautiful feet