All Natural Tattoo Aftercare Balm
I’m on the fence about getting a tattoo, but many of my friends have taken the plunge and gotten inked. I even got the chance to go with one of them last summer to see the process. She got something much bigger than I’ve been thinking about, but all tattoo care is the same.
You have to keep your tattoo clean, and most people say to use Dial soap and an unscented lotion to keep the skin hydrated. I’ve seen people not moisturize after getting color and their tattoo just scabbed up and peeled off.
After you spend all that money and time getting a tattoo, it obviously means something to you. Take care of it! I found an all natural, handmade tattoo balm on Etsy for . It contained calendula infused olive oil, beeswax, and lavender essential oil.
If you are the chemist type, try concocting your own!
All Natural Tattoo Aftercare Lotion Recipe
This is extremely simple. Here’s what you need:
- 4 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 4 tablespoons unrefined Shea butter
- 1 tablespoon refined beeswax
- 3 Vitamin E capsules
- 14 drops essential oil (lavender, rose or tea tree)
All Natural Tattoo Aftercare Lotion Recipe Directions
- Melt the beeswax and shea butter together.
- Stir the jojoba oil into the beeswax-Shea butter mixture and mix well.
- Open the Vitamin E capsule and sprinkle the contents into the mix. Add in your essential oils.
- Pour this into the container you plan to store it in and let it firm up. You can add more beeswax for a firmer lotion and more oil for a runnier lotion.
- You can also swap out the jojoba oil for olive, grapeseed, almond, or avocado oil. Try using cocoa butter instead of Shea butter and see what you think!