Lush Ocean Salt Scrub Recipe
The best part about Lush Cosmetics is that all the ingredients in many of their products are all organic, meaning all the ingredients to make their products can be bought from the store. While Lush Cosmetics may be a great company that uses all organic products and never tests on animals, some of their products can cost a lot of money and they usually come in very small quantities.
So, if you have ever wanted some Lush products but didn’t want to spend too much money, you have come to the right place. Below is a recipe for Lush’s Ocean Salt Scrub.
Lush Ocean Salt Scrub Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Witch Hazel. Lush uses vodka in their recipe. So if you are old enough to purchase alcohol, try some vodka.
Lush Ocean Salt Scrub Directions
- Open the avocado and remove the pit. Begin mashing the avocado until it has become creamy and many of the lumps in the avocado are gone.
- To the avocado add the coconut milk, lemon juice and witch hazel or vodka. Mix all the ingredients until everything is smooth.
- Add the sea salt to the mixture. You can add more or less salt to the mixture depending on what kind of texture you want. The more salt you add, the more coarse the final product will be.
- Pour the mixture into a mason jar and you’re done.
Feel free to rub the scrub all over your body and keep the scrub in your fridge for it to last longer. It should hold for about a month or two before it goes bad, and when it does go bad, it will begin to turn brown and smell strange. That’s a good sign to throw it out and make another batch.