– 3/4 cup cranberries (fresh berries work the best)
– 1/2 cup seedless grapes (red or green)
– 4 tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed is ideal)
– 1 envelope plain gelatin
– 2 tsp oat powder
Homemade Face Mask Recipe Instructions:
Has anyone else noticed that around the holidays your skin goes on strike and starts to act up??? This is because stress causes break outs and all kinds of skin problems. So save some of the cranberries from your Thanksgiving dinner and whip up this fabulous holiday cranberry facial! The enzymes inside of the cranberries will work double time to exfoliate your skin, leaving your face radiant and free of acne!
1. Puree the cranberries and seedless grapes in a blender.
2. Mix in the gelatin, oat powder and lemon juice and blend until it forms a paste. You can adjust the consistency by adding a little water if its too thick or a bit more oat powder if its too thin.
3. Put the mixture into the fridge for an hour so that it will thicken up.
4. Take the mixture out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes (unless you want a cold facial, which works well if your skin is puffy or irritated).
5. Apply the facial mask and let it soak in for 20-30 minutes.
6. Rinse with warm water.
Pantry Tip: If you can’t find oat powder, put some raw oatmeal in a blender and whirl it around!