– 1 tsp witch hazel
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 1 tsp unsalted butter
– 1 TB lavender (fresh is always best in my book, but dried lavender can be used too)
– 1 TB fresh lily flowers, chopped
Natural Face Moisturizer Recipe:
One of my favorite winter face moisturizers, which doubles as a calming aromatherapy treatment thanks to the heavenly scent of lavender.
1. Bring to a boil a pot with 1 cup of water, 1 TB lavender, and 1 TB chopped lilies.
2. After 10 minutes, strain out the lavender and lilies.
3. Pour the flower water, olive oil, butter and witch hazel into a blender and blend well.
4. Massage a dime-size portion of this moisturizer into your face in small circular motions.
5. Splash a little warm water on your face.
6. Pat your face dry (never rub your face to dry it, that promotes wrinkles!)
Pantry Tip: To save the step of having to drain out the flower pieces, you can put the lavender and lilies into a steel tea ball before placing it into the pot of water. Then after 10 minutes, you just lift out the tea ball!