– 1 TB Witch Hazel (like Dickinson’s Witch Hazel)
– 4 Drops Essential Oil (Lavender is my fave!)
Scalp Home Remedy Instructions:
After a long, hard day this scalp massage is fantastic. Do it to yourself or to your loved ones for a special romantic treat! An extra little benefit is that witch hazel is fabulous for removing product buildup (like hair gel, hairspray, mousse), while the essential oil coats your hair with a layer of protection from the sun in the summer, and the wind, snow and cold elements in the winter. As an extra bonus, I have heard from several Pantry Spa-ers that this has cured their dandruff!
1. Mix the witch hazel and essential oil together.
2. Using your fingertips, massage the mixture into your scalp.
3. Massage for at least 5 minutes. I prefer to start near a person’s natural part and work my way out and down towards the base of the head.
Pantry Spa Tip:
If you have oily hair, do this massage before showering. Otherwise, it is a great treatment to do after you shower and just let it stay in your hair.