Homemade Body Butter Recipe
There is nothing better for moisturizing and making your skin feel silky soft than body butter. It can cost lots of money to continue buying more and more body butter, but the product is actually really easy to make. Check out the homemade body butter recipe below, along with a copycat recipe for the Lush Buffy bar.
Homemade Body Butter Ingredients
- ½ cup Shea Butter
- ½ cup Cocoa Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup light Almond Oil
- 10 to 30 drops of Essential Oils
Homemade Body Butter Instructions
- In a double boiler, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour until somewhat hard.
- Use a hand mixer to whip until fluffy.
- Return to fridge for 10 to 15 minutes to set.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and store in an area lower than 75 degrees.
Homemade Lush Buffy Bar Recipe
Everyone loves Lush products, and one of the best Lush products out there is their Buffy bar. This body butter bar is perfect for buffing away the day’s stresses. The lavender scented body butter makes your skin as soft as possible and the products exfoliate the skin.
Homemade Lush Buffy Bar Ingredients:
- 78 g refined Cocoa Butter
- 78 g refined Shea Butter
- 14 g ground Rice
- 14 g ground Almonds
- 12 g ground Adzuki
- 4 drops Essential Oils
Homemade Lush Buffy Bar Directions
- Melt the cocoa and shea butters gently over a double boiler.
- Add in ground exfoliants and stir well.
- When the mixture is warm to the touch, add in your essential oils.
- Allow to cool in the fridge until the mixture becomes opaque and has thickened slightly.
- Spoon the mixture into a mold and bang it down gently on the counter to get an even surface and release trapped air bubbles.
- Put the mold back into the fridge and wait. Check back after 20 minutes and it should have hardened nicely.
Make sure to store in a cool, dry place when not in use.