Home Remedies for Coconut Oil – Dissolves Kidney Stones
Coconut Oil is the new peanut. Just like the peanut, there are countless things you can with it. From using it as a very healthy form of hydration to restoring much needed electrolytes after a tough workout to making an effective tooth paste when mixed with baking powder, there really seems to be very little coconut oil can not be used for.
Check out the list below for some of the most unusual yet useful ways coconut oil can and is being used:
- Reduces problems with cystic fibrosis.
- Regulates the thyroid.
- Reduces risk of colon, breast and digestive tract cancers.
- Soothes earaches when mixed with garlic and olive oil.
- Can prep the skin for shaving.
- Heals psoriasis and eczema lesions.
- Eliminates head lice.
- Removes makeup without harsh chemicals.
- Prevents itching from poison ivy, poison oak and sumac.
- Heals nail fungus under the nails.
Coconut Oil, Cornstarch and Baking Soda Deodorant
One of the most unusual ways to use coconut oil is to make a deodorant. All you need to do to make this homemade, chemical-free deodorant is mix one part coconut oil with one part baking soda and one part cornstarch. The baking soda works to balance out the pH while the coconut oil gives off a nice smell and also fills the body with nutrients.
Coconut Oil Used to Treat Plantar Warts and Athlete’s Foot
One of the unique features of coconut oil is its anti-parasitic and antiprotozoal properties that help it treat skin infections like athlete’s foot or a plantar wart. All you need to do is mix the coconut oil with garlic to get rid of those nasty skin infections.
- Mix one tablespoon of coconut oil with a crushed and peeled bulb of garlic.
- Let the mixture settle for a day and then begin applying it to the infected area twice a day.
Coconut Oil Stops Dandruff
Another remarkable use for coconut oil is to use it in your fight against dandruff. The essential proteins and fats in the coconut oil make it one of the best natural conditioners in the world. When applied to the scalp 30 minutes before getting in the shower, coconut oil can get rid of dandruff for good while also healing dry and damaged hair.