Ear Infection Remedies
There are natural and vintage remedies for pretty much everything. When you think about it, Vick’s Cough Syrup and Ricola haven’t been around forever. Before these over-the-counter medicines, people had to solve things in their own way.
Eating a diet of nourishing foods, getting regular exercise and going to bed at a reasonable hour can all help you fight off infections and sickness. When all else fails, there are natural remedies that can help you.
Natural Ear Infection Remedies: Garlic Oil
Infusing oils is really easy. To use this remedy, lie on your back and have someone apply a few drops of warm (not hot!) oil to your ear canal and plug up with a cotton swab. You can then stroke your face with your fingers from the ear down to the jaw bone to encourage the solution to drain down.
Garlic Oil Ear Infection Remedy Recipe Ingredients
- 10 ounces of olive oil
- 1/2 ounce of crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 ounce of calendula petals
Garlic Oil Ear Infection Remedy Recipe Directions
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Put the garlic and calendula in an oven safe dish and cover with oil.
- Place this in the oven at turn it off. Leave this in the oven for eight hours.
- Strain the plants and store in a jar. Keep it in the refrigerator.
Natural Ear Infection Remedies: Tea Tree Oil
This is for those that don’t want to fuss with the cooking. Take a drop of tea tree oil and place it behind the aching ear. Don’t ingest this and for kids, dilute in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Do this before bed and you should wake up feeling worlds better.