Natural Acne Remedies
Getting rid of acne naturally (without the chemicals found in store bought products) has totally blown my mind! These are the top 30 Acne Remedies that we have found to really work, many of which use ingredients found right in your kitchen pantry.
For all the Acne Remedies below, apply the remedy to the affected area and allow it to stay there for 30 minutes unless otherwise noted. Some of the remedies will make the acne worse during the first week which means it is working. The reason your acne may get worse before getting better is that the home remedy is pulling the impurities from your pores and bringing them to the surface, which is what you want if you want to get rid of your acne once and for all!
- Aloe vera
- Mix 1/2 tsp of alum with 1 tbsp of warm water and apply the paste to the affected area.
- Apply apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball to your acne.
- Mix 6 crushed aspirins, non coated, with some lemon juice to form a quick acne face mask.
- Apply mashed bananas to your pimples and leave it on for a couple hours.
- Put Calamine Lotion on your skin and leave it there overnight.
- Create a cinnamon and honey paste to soothe your irritated skin and to get rid of your acne.
- Pureed cucumber makes another great (and soothing) acne mask.
- Combine dried, grated orange peel with orange juice and apply it to your pimples.
- Coat your skin with Milk of Magnesia and leave it on overnight.
- Add Fuller’s Earth (like this one!) to two cups of water that had been steeping in neem leaves for an hour then apply to your acne.
- Apply a very thin coat of Olive oil to your acne and do not rinse it off. It will absorb into your skin if you do not over apply the olive oil.
- Apply a paste of grated orange rinds, yogurt and rose water (equal amounts of each) to your pimples.
- Pineapple juice
- Make a paste out of equal parts sandalwood powder, turmeric and milk and leave it on your acne overnight.
- Dab tea tree oil right on the acne.
- Apply toothpaste to acne (paste works better than the gel toothpaste) and leave it on overnight.
- Combine turmeric with milk and apply it to your face a few times a day.
- Dab witch hazel right onto the acne.
- Coconut oil helps fade acne scars, and can even prevent acne!
- Apply hydrogen peroxide to your pimples to dry them out.
It may take two weeks, or more, to determine if the following Rosacea Home Remedies are working for you or not.
- Apple cider vinegar – After washing you Rosacea with soap and water, dab the area with apple cider vinegar.
- Chamomile infusion – Allow one cup of water to steep for ten minutes over dried chamomile flowers. After straining, let it cool, and then apply it as a compress to treat your Rosacea.
- Flaxseed oil – Eat three teaspoons of Flaxseed Oil each day to help get rid of Rosacea.
- Green tea – Drink two cups of green tea every day to help clear up Rosacea.
- Lavender infusion – Allow one cup of water to steep for ten minutes over dried lavender. After straining, let it cool, and then apply it as a compress to treat your Rosacea.
- Rose water – Wash your Rosacea daily with rose water or apply it in the same way as you would use the lavender infusion above.
DIY Blackhead Remedy with Gelatin & Milk
Homemade Blackhead Removal Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
Homemade Blackhead Removal Directions:
- Combine the ingredients and heat in the microwave for 12 seconds. Stir with a spoon and mix well again.
- Apply the Blackhead Remedy to your problem area and allow it to sit for 15 to 30 minutes before peeling off.
- Remember to rinse with cold water at the very end so that you close your pores.