How to Make Natural Insect Repellent
So you are sitting outside on your deck, when all of a sudden you get attacked by insects! Yuck! But what should you do? You can always spray the commercial insect repellent sprays that are full of chemicals and toxic who-knows-what, or you can run inside and whip up a Natural Insect Repellent to do the trick. The insect spray recipe below uses simple ingredients (just garlic powder, water, Listerine and Vinegar), but due to the popularity of this article, we have tested and published more tried and true way to keep insects away. Here are links to a few other remedies you should try as well:
Insect Repellent Remedy Ingredients:
– Garlic Powder
– Listerine (the original “Yellow” kind seems to work best)
How to Make Insect Repellent Natural Home Remedy:
Lets nip this problem right in the bud… No that doesn’t mean getting rid of rose buds… but lets get rid of those pesky insects that ruin our summer bbq’s and outdoor fun!
1. Fill a spray bottle with water and loads of garlic powder.
2. Spray this mixture all over the yard, trees, bushes, the porch, etc to keep bugs away.
3. Fill another spray bottle with 50% Listerine and 50% vinegar.
4. Spray this mixture all over yourself to repel insects.
Pantry Spa Tip:
Don’t have Listerine lying around? How about dryer sheets or Vicks VapoRub? If you let a dryer sheet hang out of your pocket and from the waist of your pants, this has been known to keep bugs away. Another good one is to rub some Vicks VapoRub on yourself.