DIY Vicks Vapor Rub & Shower Disk
Whether you are in the middle of flu and cold season or are in the heat of allergy season, a little bit of decongestant power always saves the day in my home! When trees are past the point of full bloom, and pollen counts are getting up there, my whole family becomes a hot mess. Do you forget the last time you were able to breathe clearly? Or are your eyes itchy, watery and bloodshot from allergies? Or is your throat sore from being completely raw? Don’t worry, I have the perfect remedy that won’t cost you and arm and a leg, but can truly work wonders!
DIY Homemade Vick’s Shower Disk Recipe
I remember the first time I tried out a Vick’s Shower Disk. It was absolute heaven! Imagine the power of Vick’s combined with the steam of a shower… pretty amazing concept, right? But after I fell in love with the bursts of moisture and eucalyptus in my hot, steamy, shower, I realized how expensive each disk was. And even worse than that, the disks became extremely hard to find in my town. So I set out to to make my own recipe for a DIY Homemade Vick’s Shower Tablet!
DIY Homemade Vick’s Shower Tablet Ingredients
- 2-3 cups Baking Soda
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin Liners
Home Shower Disk Recipe Directions
- Add two or three cups of baking soda to a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add water until you have a thick, paste-like putty.
- Add 15 drops of your essential oils.
- Spoon your putty into muffin liners in a muffin tin and let sit for 12-18 hours, or bake to speed up the process.
- Remove disks from muffin liners, place in shower, and let your nasal passages be cleared!
But wait until you see the homemade Vick’s Vapor Rub Recipe on the next page…