How to Make Homemade Oxiclean
Oxiclean is one of those amazing products that comes out of nowhere and no one thinks it will actually work but then somehow, it becomes the best stain fighting at the grocery store. Now, Oxiclean isn’t very expensive in the first place, around $5 depending on the amount you get, but sometimes you have a stain you need to get out and you don’t have time to run to the store. Thankfully, you can make your own.
Check out the two homemade Oxiclean recipes below and let us know which one you like better. Both should work wonders on your clothing, leaving them whiter than they were before most likely, but we still want to know which one is better.
Homemade Oxiclean Recipe
A few things need to be noted before you start making the recipe:
- Do not make a bigger batch and try to store the product because when the hydrogen peroxide and washing soda are mixed together, they will only remain effective for up to six hours.
- Baking soda and washing soda are not the same thing. Make sure you grab the right product.
Homemade Oxiclean Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Washing Soda
- 1/2 cup Hydrogen Deroxide
Homemade Oxiclean Directions
- Put all your clothes in the washer and add the washing soda and hydrogen peroxide to the clothing along with your laundry detergent. Move around the clothing so all of it is covered with your the ingredients.
- Allow the clothes to sit in the washing machine for a few hours or, even better, overnight.
- After they have sat, wash the clothing how you normally would.
Homemade Awesome Oxygen Stain Remover Recipe
Making your Oxiclean might not save you too much money, maybe only a dollar or two, but when you mix the dollar store brand of Oxiclean, called Awesome Oxygen, with some water,you see big savings. This gives you a great liquid stain fighter you can use on any type of stain.
All you need to do is add a one tablespoon of Awesome Oxygen powder, or Oxiclean in the powder form, to a 12 squirt bottle of water and you are ready to tackle the toughest of stains, right after you shake the bottle vigorously for about a minute.
Let us know how each of these recipes work you and if you have some great stain fighting home remedies, we would love you to share them with everyone on the site by leaving the directions in the comment section below.